In today’s world, there are many options when you want to watch your favorite TV show. Should you stream it from providers such as Netflix and YouTube or should you pay for cable? Also, many TV programs are only available online. If you decide to select a cable and internet provider, there are many considerations that you will have. Cost will most likely be the most important factor. Reliability and channel availability will most likely be the next two things that you look into. Finding good service combined with the channels you want sometimes feel like finding a needle in a haystack. Unfortunately, sometimes you may be locked into whichever cable and internet provider serves your area. However, if you have the ability to shop around, read on to learn about the top-rated TV and internet providers.
Top 4 TV and Internet Providers:
- Verizon FIOS
- Comcast Xfinity
- AT&T U-verse
- Time Warner Cable
In a study by the American Consumer Satisfaction Index, a University of Michigan research group, Verizon FIOS was rated the highest among TV and Internet providers by consumers. In fact, the company is rapidly growing its customer base through its fiber optic cable service. Consumers have noted that the picture clarity, availability of a wide range of programming options and fast downloads have contributed to their selection of this service.
- Rated highest among consumers.
- Rapidly growing company utilizing fiber optic cable service.
- Noted for picture clarity, wide range of programming options and fast download times.
Comcast has a wide availability. Its services cover 41 states. The company also offers a number of packages designed to fit the budgets and viewing needs of a wide range of customers. These packages range from a basic package of local channels up to a package that provides 260 channels. Also, their new X1 DVR has the ability to record five programs at one time and has a capacity of 500 GB. A voice activated remote is included with the DVR.
- Company has wide availability.
- Comcast offers several packages designed to meet the needs and budgets of many customers.
- The new X1 DVR can record up to five programs at one time with a 500 GB memory capacity.
AT&T U-Verse delivers its services via fiber optic cable. For consumers, this means that downloads are faster and the clarity of programming is crisp and clean. The company also provides a vast number of channels. At 590 channels, the company provides more options than most other companies. Consumers who already use AT&T for their cell phone provider may also be able to get a better deal by bundling their cable, internet and cell service.
- Service via fiber optic cable ensures fast down loads and clarity of programs.
- The company provides 590 channels to viewers.
- Customers using AT&T for cell service may benefit from bundling their cable and internet with their cell service.
Time Warner Cable
Within the TV and Internet provider industry, Time Warner Cable has the worst customer service track record. While it is one of the largest companies in the sector, it still only provides services to a limited number of states. In recent years, it has pursued several merger options to increase the company’s size and programming reach. Even so, consumer satisfaction remains low.
- Time Warner Cable has the worst customer service track record.
- The company is one of the largest in the sector, yet provides services to a limited number of states.
- In recent years, Time Warner Cable has pursued several mergers to increase company size and service area.
Whether you choose Verizon FIOS, Comcast XFINITY, AT&T U-Verse or Time Warner Cable, you need to look closely at your available options. Each company offers a variety of packages that are designed to appeal to a large number of consumers. However, there are considerations associated with each company. Namely, the cost and variety of programming are chief options that consumers need to think about before selecting a service.