Obtaining a graphic design degree or certificate online is a way to expand your opportunities when applying for various jobs. Taking the right courses in graphic design allows you to build your portfolio along with your resume. Here, we’ll review five of the top online graphic design lessons that can help you get a head start toward the job or profession of your dreams. Some of the top graphic design universities include DeVry University, Full Sail University, Academy of Art University, International Academy of Design and Technology and the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Learn more about the benefits of obtaining a degree in graphic design from one of these top-rated online options.
Academy of Art University
The Academy of Art University was originally founded in 1929 and offers a complete bachelor’s degree for those who desire to further their education in the realm of design. In addition to providing bachelor’s degrees in graphic design, the institution also grants graduate students the ability to further their education by obtaining a Master’s degree through higher-level courses.
- Each course requires three units to be completed, ultimately requiring less time to obtain your degree.
- Programs are available year-round for students with hectic schedules.
- School tuition is per unit, rather than paying the entire tuition at once.
DeVry University online is not solely dedicated to graphic design, although it offers an affordable method of obtaining a degree online for those seeking a bachelor’s degree that is right for them. The total cost of a degree from DeVry University online is around $46,000.
- DeVry University also provides multimedia courses to engage students in learning even more about their sought after profession.
- DeVry works to assimilate both graphic and web design together, giving students an edge when seeking new positions that require higher qualifications.
- In addition to better understanding both graphic and web design, DeVry prepares their students with marketing knowledge and insight to further future career opportunities.
International Academy of Design and Technology
The International Academy of Design and Technology offers the tools necessary for students to familiarize themselves with the latest use of technology that is relevant to graphic design and current trends. The academy’s environment is solely focused on art and graphic design for like-minded students.
- It is possible to obtain an associate’s and bachelor’s degree through the academy online.
- There is also an option to reduce total costs of tuition from IADT by seeking out accelerated programs and discussing your options with your college counselor or advisor.
- The academy provides the most modern software for students to maintain excellence with current standards of graphic design.
Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Obtaining a degree from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh is ideal for those searching to obtain an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in graphic design from home. If you are new to graphic design it is possible to dive into coursework immediately once you register and enroll.
- In addition to providing all at-home work to obtain a degree, the Art Institute of Pittsburgh also offers accelerated courses that are only 5.5 weeks at a time.
- Tuition required is per credit hour, providing more financial freedom.
- All courses through the Art Institute of Pittsburgh can be completed online from anywhere you are located.
Full Sail University
Full Sail University not only provides a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, but also a master’s in design, all located online. Once a student has obtained their bachelor’s degree from Full Sail University, they are able to then enroll in the masters in media design courses to enhance their skills with more advanced design techniques that are most relevant to today’s design standards. Students will also understand more advanced design techniques used with various media platforms to expand knowledge of branding and marketing prior to graduation.
- Full Sail offers one of the most affordable programs, totaling $14,190 in tuition for a bachelor’s degree online.
- Complimentary programs and certificates are available for students already enrolled.
- In some cases, students of Full Sail are asked to shape the future of computerized classrooms to further their careers in the field.
Even if you already hold a degree in graphic design, maintaining your knowledge with new lessons is vital for understanding the latest trends in design, UI, UX and more. These programs can help you jumpstart a career in graphic design, even if you lack the flexibility to pursue a degree in a traditional classroom setting.