There are many people who are interested in a career in public administration. This is a growing field that offers job security and an opportunity for people to serve their local communities; however, many people looking to find a career in this industry don’t have the time to visit a physical campus for an extended period. Fortunately, there are online programs for students in this category. With this in mind, there are actually so many online public administration programs to choose from that many people have trouble making a decision. The top five online public administration degree programs are UNC-Chapel Hill, Johns Hopkins University, Indiana University, Villanova University, and the University of Colorado in Denver.
The Top 5 Online Public Administration Degree Programs
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- Johns Hopkins University
- Indiana University
- Villanova University
- University of Colorado in Denver
UNC is home to one of the nation’s most storied basketball programs as well as one of the nation’s best online programs for earning a degree in public administration. The curriculum is varied and rigorous while delivering a powerful focus on the core academics that people entering this industry need to understand. In its history, the program has developed a strong reputation in the community for graduating some of the most qualified individuals in the nation. In addition, the program boasts a graduation rate of over 90% and features the low cost associated with most state schools.
- UNC is located in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Long history of training the most qualified individuals for a career in public administration.
- It has a high graduation rate and a low cost.
Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University in located in Baltimore, MD. The began offering a 100% online course in public administration slightly over a year ago. It has a variety of courses that discuss financial management, policy analysis, and requires students to complete a capstone that demonstrates the skills that they have learned. Their online course offers a remarkable degree of flexibility for students to individualize their learning process while ensuring that graduates are more than prepared for their career.
- Johns Hopkins University is located in Baltimore, MD.
- They began offering a completely online degree option slightly more than a year ago.
- They have some of the most varied course options in the country.
This online degree program is associated with the Indiana University campus located in Bloomington. They feature a low cost that is typical of most state schools. Their online public administration degree focuses on globalization, strategic analysis, and organizational management. They also offer many electives for students to take classes in their areas of interest. Students are also required to complete an internship or research project to explore their interests.
- Indiana University is in Bloomington, IN.
- Their online course features a variety of core coursework and interesting electives at a low cost.
- Students are required to complete a practical experience to earn their degree.
Villanova University is located in Philadelphia, PA. Their online degree in public administration is focused on developing students who are leaders. This includes the development of programming, public planning projects, and decision-making skills coupled with appropriate analysis and critical thinking skills. The online program offers a remarkable degree of flexibility for students to complete their degree on their own schedule. Their program uses live and recorded lectures and projects to boost student skills.
- Villanova University is located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Their program trains students to become leaders in their communities.
- Their online program uses a variety of methods to communicate information to students.
University of Colorado at Denver
This university offers an online program at a low cost to students. Their program works with students to develop the proper ethics and knowledge needed to lead a successful career in public administration in both government and nonprofit groups. Their online program takes into account students’ schedules to give them the freedom to design a curriculum that best fits their needs.
- The University of Colorado at Denver offers a program that trains students for a variety of career paths.
- They offer a flexible program that considers the lives of its students.
- Students will enjoy putting together an individualized education.
In the end, there are many online degree programs in public administration that people can choose from. Everyone has different learning needs and abilities. Therefore, people need to select the program that is best for them.