When it comes to having children, most parents will try every option available to have a happy, healthy child. Parents will purchase ovulation kits, a variety of pregnancy tests, and visit multiple doctors in an effort to maximize their chances of having children. However, sometimes parents need help from fertility clinics that can perform procedures such as IVF or diagnose a couple’s fertility issues. Some of the highest-quality fertility centers available include Colorado Center of Reproductive Medicine, The Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility at New York-Presbyterian, University Fertility Consultants at Oregon Health and Science University, New York University School of Medicine, and The Infertility Center of St. Louis. Different fertility clinics may be better suited for helping couples with their unique needs, so doing careful research is important.
Top Fertility Clinics:
- Colorado Center of Reproductive Medicine
- The Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility at New York-Presbyterian
- University Fertility Consultants at Oregon Health and Science University
- New York University School of Medicine
- New York University School of Medicine
Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine, Englewood
When most women attempt in-vitro fertilization, doctors will collect a handful of eggs, fertilize them, and return the embryos to the mother in the hope that one will take root. Many times, this process results in having twins, triplets, or even more developing fetuses in a single pregnancy. This carries an increased risk to both mom and the developing babies. The physicians at Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine understand this risk. This is why they take every effort to ensure that mom has a single, safe pregnancy with their in-vitro treatment process.
- This center has performed 912 assisted reproductive technology treatments since 2002.
- It has a success rate that is twice the national average.
- 40 percent of their patients come from outside the state to receive treatment here.
The Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility, New York-Presbyterian, New York City
This is one of the highest volume clinics in the country and they handle a massively difficult caseload. This experience should not be overlooked when considering a clinic for fertility treatments. This clinic prides itself on taking prospective families that have had failed treatments in the past and turning their failures into successes. In addition, this clinic handles cancer treatments in a manner that focuses on preserving fertility.
- This clinic has performed 2012 assisted reproductive technology treatments since 2002.
- They specialize in cancer patient fertility.
- This clinic performed the first ever genetic tests for sickle cell and retinoblastoma on embryos.
University Fertility Consultants at Oregon Health and Science University, Portland
While this is a newer fertility center, they take a more difficult caseload than the average fertility center. Many clinics use FSH levels as a measure for fertility. Most clinics will not take patients whose FSH level is over 10. OHSU will take patients up to a level of 15. They believe that every patient deserves a chance.
- This clinical has performed 505 assisted reproduction treatments since 2002.
- They take patients up to an FSH level of 15.
- They boast a successful rate of 25% above the national average despite letting women use their own eggs at high FSH levels.
New York University School of Medicine, New York City
This is another high-volume lab that sees a difficult caseload. They have some of the most experienced physicians in the country and have physicians who have performed pioneering research on in-vitro fertilization under difficult circumstances. They have powerful embryonic screening techniques for inherited diseases as well.
- This center has performed 1362 assisted reproduction treatments since 2002.
- Over 70% of patients have failed treatment attempts before arriving at this center.
- They are working on starting a program for egg-freezing.
St. Luke’s Hospital, Infertility Center, St. Louis
The leader of this program has published hundreds of studies on infertility. His experience has changed the way infertility and its treatments are addressed. This research has been put into practice at this center under some of the most difficult cases ever seen. While this may translate to lower success rates, every woman deserves an opportunity at this center.
- Since 2002, this center has handled 176 assisted reproduction cases.
- This center has performed the greatest percentage of cases with male factor problems. These are more challenging to treat.
- This center performed the world’s first ovarian transplant.
Fertility clinics make life-changing differences in the lives of scores of new parents each year. Whether diagnosing a fertility problem or providing sperm donation or IVF services, many people couldn’t experience the joys of raising a child without the work that goes on in these facilities. Our list of the top fertility centers can hopefully give you a starting point in your journey to become a parent.