When it comes to powerful trucks, the Toyota Tundra has a lineage of towing some impressive loads. Driven by a powerful engine, the 2016 Toyota Tundra will follow in the footsteps of its predecessors. When it comes to deciding on the right 2016 Toyota Tundra, there are a number of models to choose from. The SR, SR5, Limited, Platinum, 1794 Edition, and TRD Pro all have varying levels of amenities that will be examined.
2016 Toyota Tundra trim levels:
- 1794 Edition
- TRD Pro
2016 Toyota Tundra SR
This is the base model of the 2016 Toyota Tundra. it has 18-inch steel wheels to match the power of the engine. It features daytime running lights to make sure everyone sees the truck at all times of day. Mudguards on the front and rear will keep the exterior clean. It comes with a touchscreen radio, backup camera, and Bluetooth capacity for wireless phones.
- The SR is the base model but includes a touchscreen radio for easy entertainment.
- A backup camera keeps anyone around the truck safe.
- Front and rear guards will protect the car from mud.
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5
The SR5 is one step up from the base SR and comes with some additional features. In addition to the daytime running lights, the SR5 features fog lights that are perfect for cutting through thick mist. The windshield wipers come with variable and intermittent features. The radio screen is slightly larger and is ready for satellite radio. An integrated trailer brake control will keep the towing load safe. Tow mirrors are optional on this level.
- The SR5 is one step up from the SR and features additional features, such as fog lights.
- The radio is ready for Sirius-XM Satellite radio.
- There is an additional brake on the trailer for safety and property protection.
2016 Toyota Tundra Limited
The 2016 Toyota Tundra Limited is one of the mid-tier luxury models. The wheels are slightly larger, at 20 inches, and the mirrors are lined with a sleek, chrome look. They are also heated to avoid fogging. The seats are leather trimmed and the front seats are heated. The rearview mirror auto dims to minimize glare. Drivers have the option of adding an off-road premium feature. The prior optional tow mirrors now come standard.
- The Limited is a mid-tier luxury model that features chrome additions and larger wheels.
- The seats are leather trimmed and heated for extra comfort.
- The rearview mirror automatically dims to minimize glare.
The 2016 Toyota Tundra Platinum
One step up from the limited, this luxury model features some additional features. The bumpers and grille are colored to match the body. The daytime running lights are now LED. It features a power moonroof and front and rear parking assistance technology. The interior has premium, perforated, leather-trim seats. The front seats are heated and ventilated. It comes with blind spot and rear cross traffic monitoring.
- The daytime running lights are LED.
- It has a power moonroof.
- Blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert are standard.
The 2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition
This is a unique Tundra model that features a 1794 Edition badge. It comes with similar features to the Platinum model, such as blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert. It features a Western-themed interior in honor of the US expansion to the Pacific coast. In addition to the unique badge, this model features suede seat inserts and unique floor mats.
- The 1794 model is a unique trim level that features a 1794 edition badge and unique floor mats.
- It also has a unique Western theme on the inside.
- It also has blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert.
2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
This Tundra model offers the premier in luxury trucks. It features alloy wheels with Michelin tires, an aluminum front skid guard, external, hard, black badges, multi-reflection headlights, and fog headlights. It features an embroidered TRD pro logo on the interior with unique floor mats and an emblazoned shift knob. It has an integrated app suite with navigation capability and premium audio system.
- The TRD Pro is the premier luxury model and features multiple, unique, TRD Pro badges.
- It comes with an app and navigation suite.
- It has extra protection with a front skid guard.
Ultimately, there are a wide variety of 2016 Toyota Tundra models at varying price points with different accessories to choose from. While every tundra is safe and reliable, make sure to consider all of these factors carefully before making a decision.